Friday, May 22, 2015

Down another size, snacking to success!

Four months into my bodybuilding figure competition training, and I'm down another size and still have room in the new size! I've increased my NET calorie intake on workout days, increased the amount of weights and reps on my four day weight training schedule, still sticking to my 3 miles 3 days a week AM cardio regimen, and the rate of progress is surprising.

Still eating three meals a day with three snacks in between meals. One of the keys to success is to choose those snacks wisely.  The first Monday in April, I quit eating refined starches and foods with sugar as an added ingredient.  I've found some very good snack alternatives, and they really help me suppress those cravings in between meals. I just add a fresh fruit to any of these, and I have a healthy and fulfilling snack to get me through.



Read the labels, and find some alternative snacks that you feel you will enjoy. Remember, no sugar listed as an added ingredient, and try to stick with unrefined grains.  If you need help, get in touch: 

No comments:

Post a Comment